> Sasha's Blues: HOW TO. Remove brassy hair colour

HOW TO. Remove brassy hair colour

Have you ever ended up with unwanted brassy tones in your hair after wanting to lighten you hair or go blonde?
I recently lightened my coloured hair with bleach (I wanted a black-dark brown ombre) and I was really happy with the results. My bleached hair did look brassy, but I didn't mind, in fact, it looked great.
But everytime I washed my hair it seemed less orange-y and more light brown/dark blonde and I loved how it looked like. So I decided to speed up the process with toning my hair colour.

First thing you need to know when toning your hair is that the uwanted hair colour can be eliminated by adding that colour's opposite colour. Complicated? Not really.
This is the colour wheel.


Since we want to eliminate orange undertones, we're going to have to dye our hair with a BLUE BASED hair dye.
How to find a blue based hair colour? Easy.

For instance, on the left we have a blond hair dye from Loreal and on the right corner we see some numbers in a black box. 10.1. Now what does this mean?
First number applies to she shades between black and blonde.
1=black and 10 is the lightest blonde.
The second number is actually the reflect of the primary colour.
1 or .1 = ash reflect
2 or .2 = perly reflect
3 or .3 = gold reflect
4 or .4 = copper reflect
5 or .5 = red reflect

0 = no additional reflect

All ash colours have blue base so that's the perfect colour for eliminating our brassy undertones.
You can basically try any ash blonde colours, I used Loreal Preference Light Ash Blonde (number 8.1) and it worked wonderfully! My hair is now medium to light brown and I'm very happy with the result.


You can also try toners: best ones are from Wella. I would've used them, but couldn't find any in Slovenian stores:( On more info about toners check my before/after bleaching posts (about 3 posts below this one).

Have fun with this quick DIY project and please, be careful.

Love,
Sasha


No comments:

Post a Comment