> Sasha's Blues: 9 cheap but good makeup products that I love :)

9 cheap but good makeup products that I love :)



I've tried gazillion makeup products in my life, some good, some great, some not worth mentioning, others just absolute rubbish. Items listed here are by far my fave: affordable, long-lasting and definitely worth trying :)



To me, Essence is #1 when it comes to cheap but quality makeup products. I first discovered them about 5 years ago and I've been hooked ever since! + they don't test on animals :)



1. Essence I love extreme volume mascara
Pretty much one of the best mascaras I've ever tried. It costs around 3€ and it could easily compare to Max Factor or any other 15€ mascaras.  A picture is worth a thousand words so, here's a photo of me before and after. Unfortunately I'm almost out of it and I've had it for quite a while, so this is not all this mascara can do - it got a little dry unfortunately.
My before and after photo


2. Essence Colour&Go nail polish
I wrote about these fabulous nail polishes in my previous post, but they definitely deserve another spot on my blog - long story short, good quality, good price: I've been wearing Colour&Go on my toes for about a week without having to fix it. I think that's pretty impressive. You can get them for 1.49€ each or i think around $2 in the States. Bargain!

Here are my absolute favourite polishes for fall 2013 - I just love sparkly metallic nails!
If you want more, you can see the entire palette on the official Essence page.

essence colour and go fall polish
Nail polishes for fall 2013 



3. Essence Match2Cover concealer
I absolutely love this concealer, it has a creamy consistency and great coverage - i have horrible dark circles under my eyes and with this I just look airbrushed.  No creasing too - which is pretty rare in my opinion. A good thing is that you can mix the two colours together, since it only comes in a universal shade.
I use it(along with bronzing powder) for contouring and it works perfectly - i put it under eyes, on my chin, and T-section.

match2cover essence concealer
Match2Cover concealer



4. Essence Sun Club bronzer
It blends very easily, doesn't appear cakey and looks natural - it pretty much does more than any other bronzer I've ever owned. I don't have very dark skin naturally, so it's hard for me to find a good bronzer, but this one definitely does the trick. It doesn't have a strong yellow/orange undertone, so you can wear it anytime -no patchy orange effect you sometimes see on girls (especially in the sunlight).
Check their webpage for different shades.

sun club essence bronzer
Sun Club bronzing powder


5. Manhattan X-Treme Last & Shine
What I love most about this lipstick is that it's really long-lasting. You can go out for drink and at the end of the night your lips will still look fab! It dies up well and it's not too creamy. Great lipstick for a great price. Available in 15 colours, but I only tried out 2 of them: 45G and 54V. Would recommend both:)
Check all different colours on Manhattan official webpage.


6. Essence Liquid Eyeliner / Liquid Ink
Long story short - the best liquid eyeliner I've ever tried. Any eyeliner from Essence is good, I usually buy one that's water-proof. It does take a superwoman to take it off before going to bed. Trust me.
Liquid Eyeliner is thicker while Liquid Ink makes a very sophisticated thin line.


7. L'Oreal Colour Riche eyeshadow
A decent eyeshadow, definitely worth the money (I think it's around $4). I wouldn't say it's the best I've ever tried, but if you're on a budget, this is a great alternative. It does blend easily, they have a huge variety of colours(4 in 1 for smokey eye), but it doesn't stay on forever, unfortunately. It would do for a night out, but don't expect to wear it all day.


8 & 9: Max Factor Lasting Performance & Creme Puff
One of the best foundations and powders I've ever tried. Lasting performance foundation can easily compare with Bourjois or any other high end foundations - non cakey face, very good coverage and it does last all day. I would not recommend this if you have sensitive skin - break out warning! It works very good for me anyways and for most of my friends. But like I said, don't use it if you have sensitive skin.
Creme puff is a very good pressed powder, it gives very smooth and airbrushed appearance. I also love the smell of it, mmmm. What I dislike about it is the powder pad that comes with it (it picks up WAY too much powder) and I hate that it doesn't have a mirror. Otherwise, phenomenal product if you're on a bargain hunt!


That's it! Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments:)


x0x0,
Sasha


No comments:

Post a Comment