> Sasha's Blues: 4 back to school & college outfits for curvy girls

4 back to school & college outfits for curvy girls

I'm SO excited to go back to college this year. I've been travelling all over the world for the past 2 years, surfing couches in Germany, United Kingdom, Serbia, Bosnia, Brussels, France and the United States. School of life and it taught me A LOT. Exploring new languages, getting to really know people and their culture, gazillion art galleries, exhibitons, natural wonders... Memories I'll never forget. Travelling the world gave me something a college can't. Experiences. Now it's time to finally get my degree and start a career.
In fact, I filled out forms and acceptance papers and all that crap just a few hours ago. I'm officially a student of Faculty of Criminology and Criminal Justice in Ljubljana. Life is good.

Now we all want to look the best on our first day and here are some outfits I put together for us, curvy girls:) Flaunt it if you have it, right? Totally.


#1 City Chic
A casual outfit, glamoured up by a pair of pointed toe heels and a bright ring for a pop of colour.
You can wear jeggins or leggings (i usually wear shapewear underneath, but that's totally optional - looks way better though, no bumps a very smooth appearance). Choose an oversized top that will be long enough, same gor for the blazer. Picking a too short one will make your hips look larger and give you a "chunkier" appearance and that's quite the opposite of what we want. Button it in the middle, that will give you an hourglass figure. From my experiences, flowy scarves like this from McQueen (you can get a ton of variaties for the fraction of the price) make you look taller and skinnier. Pointed toes make your legs look a mile long! If you wear your hair in a high bun, that will work in your advantage too - adds a few inches to your height which gives a slimmer appearance.
back to school college outfit





#2 Casual
Not very keen on wearing high heels to school? Timberland boots were huge last year, but I never bought them because it seemed every other girl I saw on the streets was wearing them. But what I found out is that you can MADE YOUR OWN! How cool is that? Unique Timberland shoes! More info here - http://shop.timberland.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=4238694 for this outfit I chose a lovely pink colour and pair it with light skinny jeans, white top and a white blazer (remember, they both have to be long enough). A statement ring, pair of pearl studs and a smashing leather bag and you're good to go!

back to school outfit timberland


#3 Rock chic
When I was in high school I couldn't live without my leather jacket, Guns N' Roses T-Shirt and All Star converse. Laid back, comfortable and stylish combo + this look is very popular this season. Thick leggings paired with a long Kurt Cobain tee, a leather jacket and a military style bag. I bought mine for about $5 at a local flea market - it was an authentic WW2 military bag used for carrying first aid. I bought all my band T-shirts online - I looked for vintage tees because they've been worn, the material is thinned and therefore kinda flowy. You can get them for a few bucks on ebay.

Never be afraid to express yourself or what others think. You are who you are and be proud of that!



ROCK STYLE OUTFIT FOR SCHOOL KURT COBAIN NIRVANA MILITARY PUNK

#4 Cardigan and boots
Cardigans are the ultimate casual wear and every girl should have at least one in her closet. This outfit is super casual and you can pair it with simple black high heel boots or ankle boots, whatever you prefer. Cardigans look good on anyone, they hide a little extra weight, while leggings and high heel boots in the same colour (!) make your legs appear longer and thinner. A win-win combination and soooo comforable to wear. Pair it with simple accesories and a bright scarf to pop a little colour.

very casual curvy back to school outfit



That's it for now, I hope I was helpful :)


                                                                      x0x0,

1 comment: