> Sasha's Blues: Must-have top 10 fashion trends for fall/winter 2013/14

Must-have top 10 fashion trends for fall/winter 2013/14

It's August already...Summer is just flying by this year! Well...it does that every year. Fuck you summer. I've been waiting for you for months (and that  felt like goddamn centuries) in freezing cold and stupid snow and now you're almost gone in a blink of an eye.
Fortunately there are some things about Fall/Winter that we can actually look forward to: for example fashion trends! I'm dying to wear my leather jacket again or some awesome leather pants.
To me colder seasons are just way more fashion friendly..layers, leather, cashmere, wool, faux fur...more, please!

So here I picked out 10 must have trends for Fall/Winter 2013 for you! Can't wait to rock them soon:)

#10 Leather 
Leather jackets or leather pants are definitely one of the top wanted items of the next season.


leather trend fall winter 2014







#9 Fur/faux fur
Although I'm strongly against wearing new fur, I have nothing against vintage fur. My grandma gave me 2 beautiful vintage fur coats - they are more than 50 years old! - and I wear them proudly. It shows the durabitlity of fur coats and at the same time it fills me up with nostalgia for years long gone. Fur industry nowadays tortures and kills millions of animals just for the sake of their skin and I'm definitely NOT a supporter of that. Being a responsible consumer is the key in my opinion. I make sure I know where the item came from and I would never wear a fur coat made from tortured animals in chinese facotries.
 Faux fur is another great option if you're not a fan of real fur, I own two faux fur coats and they are way more comfortable to wear than real fur jackets, because they are not as heavy. On the other hand - they don't keep you warm.
Items below are only faux fur!


faux fur fall winter 2013/2014





#8 Reptile prints 
You'll be seing them everywhere - exotic print on bags, purses, clutches, leggings, trousers even boots and pumps. Most fashionable are snake, eel and lizard skin prints - an eye catching statement piece in your outfit!

Snake, lizard, eel print accesories, fall/winter 2013/2014




#7 Metallic colours
Futuristic coours mixed with neutral black or white are perfect for a sophisticated, elegant look. Pair it with minimalistic jewelry, small accesories and neutral colours.
metallic colours for fall/winter 2013/2014




#6 Grunge
This year we're going back to the times of Nirvana, Courtney Love and garage bands. Grunge with a little bit of punk, hard rock and metal is transformed into a high fashion look and you can achieve it easily. Pair it with high heels, leather pants or dresses. 
I used to be this punk rock chick back in high school (but hey, we all had to go through the high school phase haha) and I loved the tomboy look. I used to walk around in ripped jeans and chains around my hips. And a Sid Vicious T-shirt. :) Good times.


punk rock grunge glam fall winter 2013/2014





#5 Rich colours
I used to be so afraid of wearing anything that would remotely resemble red or blue or yellow or any other colour for that matter (except black). I took a picture of my closet once (5 years ago) and it was all black. I'm not even kidding. ALL BLACK. From coats to leggings to my shoes..everything was just black. Kinda depressing now that I think about it. Not this year though, because rich colours are one of fall/winter 2013/2014 trends and I'm not planning on missing out on that!
Navy blue, dark aquamarine, cobalt blue, red, purple, emerald green, mustard and pastel colours are among most wanted. Dive in!


bright bold colours fall winter 2013/2014





#4 Black and white monochrome
You can't go wrong with all black, all white or a black and white outfit. Ever. Timeless combinations of the two give an elegant and sophisticated look, for every occasion.
Try stripes, timeless  houndstooth print or any other black/white combo!


monochrome black and white trend fall 2014





#3 Baroque trend
Baroque trend is having a huge comback and why not? It looks luxurious, rich and divine.  In this day in age the 2 key pieces for following this trend is velvet and brocade.
Try a velvet coat (gorgeous!) and pair it with high boots or heels, maybe black and gold accesories, embroided lace dress, baroque jacket vintage necklace, baroque inspred prints... the sky is the limit!
Colours: velvet, red, black, gold - remember baroque is all about luxury and wealth

baroque style fall winter 2013/2014






#2 Ecru 
Ecru describes the shade greyish-pale yellow or a light greyish-yellowish brown. It is often used to describe such fabrics as silk and linen in their unbleached state. 
All white is here every winter and this year is no exception. 

ecr outift





#1 Mohair
Mohair is this years hottest item. It's been presenting collections of basically every fashion designer - sweaters, coats, pants and even dresses. Mohair is a silky textile product from the hair of the angora goat. It's durable, warm, insulating and light. It can be pretty expensive, but I'm planning on finding some in thrift stores - I can already see a great DIY project on the way:).






Let me know what you think about these suggestions in the comments:)

                                                                                                  x0x0

4 comments:

  1. Amazing post...I really like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll definitely follow you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is best to give initially precedence to extremely made wedding dresses robes due to the fact they will provide you with a stupendous appear around the wedding working day. Now I'm planning to inform you a fantastic issue that may take away your headache concerning finding an economical wedding robe.
    http://www.dreamy-dress.com/

    ReplyDelete